The railway in the 1950’s. Note the trolleybus stop in exactly the same position as the present bus stop.
The initial line ran from Twickenham to Kingston and opened on 1st July 1863. The extension to New Malden came into use from 1st July 1869. Electrification came in 1916.
Four people were killed when a passenger train was struck by a locomotive travelling on the same line in the opposite direction on August Bank Holiday 1888
Built in 1863 to a design previously used for the 1848 Richmond Railway Bridge. The cast iron structure of both bridges was faithfully replicated when they were rebuilt in steel in 1908.
Looking up the line towards Kingston Station. The up platform had waiting rooms
Looking down towards Teddington with the Hampton Court Gas Company’s works in the background
The original station with the round-headed windows and doors which were hallmarks of the London and South Western Railway company’s architecture.
The original station was replaced with this anonymous-looking structure in 1969
The current station