Looking north from Bridge Foot with The White Hart on the left and The Swan in the middle distance.
The crowds celebrating the inauguration of The Jubilee Fountain outside The Foresters. The ceremony was performed by Princess Hohenlohe (Queen Victoria’s niece) on 8th June 1898.
Looking north from outside the (present-day) Post Office.
This view (taken around 1900 from the top of Old Bridge Street) is looking up the High Street towards "The Swan". All the houses and shops opposite - comprising the farrier, model farm dairy, sweet shop, greengrocers and newsagent - were to be demolished to make way for the trams.
Looking north around 1900 to the beginning of the High Street from what is now the central reservation of the pedestrian crossing at the end of Hampton Court Way.
Looking south along the High Street from a position level with the top of Old Bridge Street around 1900. The policeman in the far distance is standing on what would now be the middle of the roundabout at the end of Kingston Bridge. The sign of the "White Hart" can be seen above the head of the cart driver. The shop that was selling cigars is now The Machaan Restaurant.
Looking north with The Foresters just visible on the left and the shop on the corner of Seymour Road (currently Wick Cleaners) being the only buildings still existing.
The camera is looking toward the Kingston Bridge approach from a vantage point opposite the "Old Kings Head" sometime in the period 1912 - 1917. On the right are The Gate House and Fern Glen. The two buildings immediately beyond have disappeared and are now the site of the Hampton Wick War Memorial and its gardens. In the distance on the far left of the picture is Hampton Court Parade of five shops.
Looking south from the top of School Road. The girls are just coming out of school. Note the line of granite setts providing a clean path across the mud road.
Looking SE down the High Street from opposite the present-day Lanson Running shop. The 1900 version of "The Swan" is on the left. All the buildings in the distance still exist and are remarkably unchanged, starting with Robert Belchamber's Post Office and Baker (now offices), CJ Winterbourne's Grocery (now the Deep Blue Fish Shop), Winterbourne's second premises which sold lamps and china goods (now offices) and George Webb's Poulterers.